1. The consultant responded to my referral in a timely manner. 4
2. The consultants role was clearly explained to me. 4
3. I felt I had a good relationship with the consultant. 4
4. I believe the consultation service was helpful. 4
5. I felt listened to by the consultant. 4
6. The consultant respected my opinions. 4
7. The consultant answered my questions. 4
8. I learned new ways to help children with challenging behaviors.
9. The consultation service positively affected the way I relate to children.
10. Overall, I am satisfied with the consultation service I recieved. 4
11. I feel the referring situation has improved. 4
12. What is ONE thing youre doing differently because of the consultation service you received?
Using social stories as a tool to pre-emptively help my child gain social/emotional skills.
13. Would you recommend this consultation service to other childcare providers? Why or why not?
Absolutely-this help has been incredibly valuable. I have gained many new skills, felt validated and supported, and have been able to help my child. I cannot say enough good things about the program and would highly recommend it. It gave me confidence that the childcare providers were working to become more equipped to meet my child’s needs and helped me feel so much more secure in my child’s time at preschool.
14. How can this consultation service be improved?
15. To be answered by the family: Over the past 30 days, how many days of work or school has the family/caregiver missed due to the challenges a child has experienced while in child care? 0
16. To be answered by the family: Please rate your stress level related to your child’s challenges at ChildCare(please edit if you like the idea of adding it): 8
OPTIONAL - Consultants Name: Rachel Slivik
OPTIONAL - Your Name: Jessica Ellsworth
Case ID: 4837
Case Title: 073-001-120
Case Type: child_family_focused
Survey Target: parent_family