1. The consultant responded to my referral in a timely manner. 4
2. The consultants role was clearly explained to me. 4
3. I felt I had a good relationship with the consultant. 4
4. I believe the consultation service was helpful. 4
5. I felt listened to by the consultant. 4
6. The consultant respected my opinions. 4
7. The consultant answered my questions. 4
8. I learned new ways to help children with challenging behaviors. 4
9. The consultation service positively affected the way I relate to children. 4
10. Overall, I am satisfied with the consultation service I recieved. 4
11. I feel the referring situation has improved. 2
12. What is ONE thing youre doing differently because of the consultation service you received?
We learned that we need to follow up more often with the family to make sure that we are all working together.
13. Would you recommend this consultation service to other childcare providers? Why or why not?
Yes, it is valuable. It helps us to see what we cannot see when we are in the midst of children and valuable and doable ideas are given to help in different situations. The consultant is seen by the parent as more of an expert than the provider and sometimes the parents will listen and hear. The consultant is very knowledgable and thought the DECA can target what is really needed. The consultant does not judge the child, parents or providers. The consultant really listens to everyone's concerns and makes valid, doable suggestions for school and home.
14. How can this consultation service be improved?
I believe it would be helpful for the consultant to visit the home of children to see how the child relates at home with the parent and so that they could give better guidance to parents.
15. To be answered by the family: Over the past 30 days, how many days of work or school has the family/caregiver missed due to the challenges a child has experienced while in child care?
16. To be answered by the family: Please rate your stress level related to your child’s challenges at ChildCare(please edit if you like the idea of adding it):
Jill is excellent. She is knowledgeable and patient. She knows how to break down new ideas into small steps so that we can better assimilate changes into our routine. She relates well with classroom staff and parents.
OPTIONAL - Consultants Name: Jill Wilson
OPTIONAL - Your Name: Karen Pitters
Case ID: 4496
Case Title: 050-001-108
Case Type: child_family_focused
Survey Target: provider