1. The consultant responded to my referral in a timely manner. 4
2. The consultants role was clearly explained to me. 4
3. I felt I had a good relationship with the consultant. 4
4. I believe the consultation service was helpful. 4
5. I felt listened to by the consultant. 4
6. The consultant respected my opinions. 4
7. The consultant answered my questions. 4
8. I learned new ways to help children with challenging behaviors. 4
9. The consultation service positively affected the way I relate to children. 4
10. Overall, I am satisfied with the consultation service I recieved. 4
11. I feel the referring situation has improved. 4
12. What is ONE thing youre doing differently because of the consultation service you received?
We are having much more "help" with little tasks around the room, such as setting chairs for meals. We also feel much more confident in our methods and strategies to redirect and still maintain a schedule in the room.
13. Would you recommend this consultation service to other childcare providers? Why or why not?
Yes, absolutely. Rachel was great to work with. She was adept at speaking with parent, staff and children in a way that made you feel listened to. We were in a situation where my staff was feeling quite beat down by some behaviors in the classroom. Rachel reassured us that a lot of what we were doing was good and that we shouldn't see what we had expected to see so soon. It helped the confidence in the room as well as administration. She also showed us some new strategies to implement and they were excellent suggestions.
14. How can this consultation service be improved?
15. To be answered by the family: Over the past 30 days, how many days of work or school has the family/caregiver missed due to the challenges a child has experienced while in child care?
16. To be answered by the family: Please rate your stress level related to your child’s challenges at ChildCare(please edit if you like the idea of adding it):
OPTIONAL - Consultants Name: Rachel Slivik
OPTIONAL - Your Name: Zack Phillips
Case ID: 5481
Case Title: 073-001-129
Case Type: child_family_focused
Survey Target: provider